TUT 2019 Prospectus
TUT 2019 Prospectus, below is the information on the TUT 2019 Prospectus.
Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) is a higher education institution in South Africa that came into being through a merger of three technikons — Technikon Northern Gauteng, Technikon North-West and Technikon Pretoria.
As the number of students registering annually grows rapidly, records show that Tshwane University of Technology caters for approximately 60,000 students and it has become the largest residential higher education institution in South Africa
It comprises up to six satellite campuses. These campuses include Pretoria, Soshanguve, Ga-Rankuwa, Witbank (eMalahleni), Nelspruit and Polokwane campuses. Two faculties, namely the Faculties of Science and The Arts, have dedicated campuses in the Pretoria city centre
Mission, Vision and Values
Pioneering an enterprising and transformative brand of twenty-first Century University of Technology scholarship.
In fulfilling its vision, TUT will support its students to achieve their highest potential in a safe, enabling and conducive environment by:
- Fostering a scholarship of teaching and learning
- Providing relevant and competitive academic programmes with seamless articulation pathways
- Investing in state-of-the-art technology
- Conducting relevant research and promoting innovation, engagement and social enterprise
To attain its Vision, the staff and students of Tshwane University of Technology commit to
- Social accountability
- Duty of care
- Greening the environment
- To prepare diverse students for rewarding careers and responsible citizenry by providing a student-centred learning experience that is underpinned by a scholarship of teaching and learning.
- To promote a culture of inquiry and social enterprise through technology-based postgraduate studies, research and innovation in current and emerging niche areas.
- To promote mutually-beneficial academic, social and economic partnerships
- To provide a supportive teaching and learning, working and living environment for staff and students