TUT – The Universe Talks -Our mission is to remind others of life’s fundamental truths: that life is magical, we are powerful, and dreams really do come true. We do this by spreading the word (through inspirational emails, events, and life-changing adventures) about the nature of reality, the law of attraction, creative visualization, and the power of thought.
In 1989, 2 brothers (Mike and Andy) and their cool mom (Sheelagh), launched TUT (then it stood for “Totally Unique T-shirts,” now it stands for “The Universe Talks”) and started selling t-shirts and souvenirs to tourists out of a pushcart in Orlando, Florida, with no idea of where it was actually headed.
11 years later, in the year 2000, after selling 1 million “Totally Unique T-shirts” through a small chain of stores and international distributors, we closed operations and launched TUT, a philosophical club for understanding and living the adventure of life.
We started sending out “Monday Morning Motivators” (inspirational poems
These weekly emails soon became daily emails, which finally evolved into Notes from the Universe — short and humorous reminders of life’s magic and our power that are sent out to 800,000 people around the world and are still the mainstay of all we do.
The most inspiring part of our story was discovering that by setting ourselves into motion, toward the realization of our dreams, we also set into motion the entire “Universe” and all of its wisdom, which then, and only then, could conspire on our behalf, even taking us “off course” at times to avail us of treasures and rewards beyond our greatest expectations.
What We Believe and Teach
We believe that everyone’s special, every life is meaningful, and we’re all here to learn that dreams really do come true. We teach others of their ability to shape their lives and live their dreams through understanding and working with their thoughts, words, attitudes, beliefs, and actions (read Our Story).
Our program is based on Mike Dooley’s New York Times bestselling book, Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams. The contents of this book include:
- Thoughts Become Things: An explanation on the power of our thoughts, how they shape the circumstances of our lives, and how they can be used to affect extraordinary life changes.
- Beliefs: The precursors of our thoughts and imagination, how to detect and work with our beliefs to align them with the life of our dreams.
- Emotions: What they are, where they come from, how to understand their source and learn from them.
- Taking Action: How we make our intentions known to the Universe and how we can change the direction of our lives through action.
- Instincts and Hunches, Dreams and Desires: The purpose of these in our lives and how they serve as a pipeline to divine intelligence.
- Faith and the Magical Universe: Faith and the magic it inspires in a Universe conspiring on our behalf. The Meaning of Life: What matters and why we are really here.