TUT Legal Assistance
TUT Legal Assistance, Students who intend to enrol for this qualification for the first time in 2017 or thereafter, should note that it will not be possible to continue with any Baccalaureus Technologiae as from 2020, since it is being replaced by qualifications aligned with the newly-implemented Higher Education Qualification Sub-Framework. Potential students are advised to consult the University’s website for any new qualifications which might not be published in this Prospectus.
TUT, Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) is a higher education institution in South Africa that came into being through a merger of three technikons — Technikon Northern Gauteng, Technikon North-West and Technikon Pretoria.
As the number of students registering annually grows rapidly, records show that Tshwane University of Technology caters for approximately 60,000 students and it has become the largest residential higher education institution in South Africa
Mission, Vision and Values
Pioneering an enterprising and transformative brand of twenty-first Century University of Technology scholarship.
In fulfilling its vision, TUT will support its students to achieve their highest potential in a safe, enabling and conducive environment by:
- Fostering a scholarship of teaching and learning
- Providing relevant and competitive academic programmes with seamless articulation pathways
- Investing in state-of-the-art technology
- Conducting relevant research and promoting innovation, engagement and social enterprise
To attain its Vision, the staff and students of Tshwane University of Technology commit to
- Social accountability
- Duty of care
- Greening the environment
- To prepare diverse students for rewarding careers and responsible citizenry by providing a student-centred learning experience that is underpinned by a scholarship of teaching and learning.
- To promote a culture of inquiry and social enterprise through technology-based postgraduate studies, research and innovation in current and emerging niche areas.
- To promote mutually-beneficial academic, social and economic partnerships
- To provide a supportive teaching and learning, working and living environment for staff and students